What does climate change mean for the future of higher education?
Universities on Fire: Higher Education in the Climate Crisis (Johns Hopkins University Press) dives deeply into this question, exploring how global warming might impact colleges and universities, and how academics might respond.
- How a campus might change, from creating new buildings and renovating old ones to generating local power, rethinking grounds, changing food service, and revolutionizing transportation
- What climate change means for academic research and teaching
- What challenges there are campus-community relations in an era of escalating climate crises, and what opportunities
- What role does higher education play in the world as civilization rethinks its fundamental operations and purpose?
- How should academics change plans if global warming becomes better or worse than projected?
Bookshop.org (supports independent bookstores)